Dr. Hameed is an Assist Prof. in Department of Botany University of Chitral. He took the Charge as Head of the Department on Nov 6, 2017 and Director of Higher Studies Nov 7, 2017. Before joining University of Chitral he was working as Assist Prof. in the Department of Botany Kohat University of Science and Technology (IPFP) and Lecturer in the same department. He got his Post Doc experience from Wuhan Botanical Garden Chinese Academy of Sciences in the field of Proteomics and Ph. D from Department of Botany University of Peshawar in 2013 and M. Phil (2009) from the same department. M. Sc from Department of Botany Islamia College University of Peshawar in 2003. B. Sc from and F. Sc from Federal Government College for Boys Peshawar Cantt. and SSC from Islamia Collegiate School Peshawar. He was born in Shahi Bala Peshawar on 02 August, 1978.
1. I. Hameed, F. Hussain and G. Dastagir. 2008. Nutritional and elemental analyses of some selected medicinal plants of Family Polygonaceae. Pak. J. Bot., 40(6): 2493-2502.
2. I. Hameed, F. Hussain and G. Dastagir. 2008. Stomatal studies of some selected medicinal plants of Polygonaceae. Pak. J. Bot., 40(6): 2273-2280.
3. I. Hameed and G. Dastagir. 2009. Nutritional analysis of Rumex dentatus L., Rumex hastatus D. Don and Rumex nepalensis Spreng. Afri. J. Biotechnol., 8(17): 4131 – 4133.
4. I. Hameed, F. Hussain and G. Dastagir. 2010. Anatomical studies of some medicinal plants of Family Polygonaceae.Pak. J. Bot., 42(5): 2975 - 2983.
5. F. Hussain, B. Ahmad, I. Hameed, G. Dastagir, P. Sanaullah and S. Azam.2010.Antibacterial, antifungal and insecticidal activities of some selected medicinal plants of Polygonaceae. Afri. J. Biotechnol.,9(31): 5032 – 5036.
6. F. Hussain, I. Hameed, G. Dastagir, Shams-un-Nisa, I. Khan, B. Ahmad. 2010. Cytotoxicity and Phytotoxicity of some selected medicinal plants of the Family Polygonaceae. Afri. J. Biotechnol., 9(5): 770 – 774.
7.I. Hameed and F. Hussain. 2011. Stomatal studies of some selected medicinal plants of Solanaceae. J. Med. Plant Research., 5(18): 4525 – 4529.
8. F. Hussain, I. Hameed, M. Shah, L. Badshah, RehmanUllah and G. Dastagir. 2011. Graveyards reflect reminent vegetation of Tehsil Peshawar, Pakistan. Pak. J. Pl. Sci., 17(1): 55 – 63.
9. RehmanUllah, F. Hussain, L. Badshah, M. Shah, and I. Hameed 2011. Phytosociological study of Tesil Manki Sharif, Nowshera, Khyber Pakhtunkhawa, Pakistan.Pak. J. Pl. Sci., 17(1): 65 – 77.
10. Z. Sher, M. Ibrar and I.Hameed. 2011. Setting pharmacognostic standards for Convolvulus arvensis Linn. J. Med Plant Research., 5(23): 5540 – 5544.
11. M. Khan, M. Ibrar, S. Khan, F. Hussain, S. G. Ali, I. Hameed and Imdadullah. 2011. Effect of aqueous extracts of Chrozophora obliqua (Del.) Juss. on germination and seedling growth of Zea mays. International Journal of Biosciences (IJB)., 1(4): 94 – 99.
12. RehmanUllah, M.Ibrar, S. Shah and I. Hameed. 2012. Phytotoxic, cytotoxic and insecticidal activities of Calendula arvensis L. E3 Journal of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research., 3(6): 104-111.
13. G. Dastagir, F. Hussain, F. U. Khan and I. Hameed. 2012. Heavy metal accumulation in selected vegetables growing along ring road Peshawar, Pakistan. Pak. J. Pl. Sci., 18(1): 13-16.
14.S. Jan, K. Khan, I. Hameedand N. Ahmad. 2012. Ethnobotanical studies of the medicinal plants of Malakand Agency, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Pak. J. Pl. Sci. 18(1): 1-11.
15. Z. Huma, A. Rashid, M. Ibrar, Barkatullah, I. Hameed. 2013.Effects of chemical and mechanical scarification treatments on germination rate of Monotheca buxifolia (Flac) seeds. PJLS., 01( 01): 17-27.
16. I. Hameed, F. Hussain, Z. Sher, N. Bacha and A. A. Khan. 2013. Cytotoxicity and phytotoxicity of some selected medicinal plants of Family Solanaceae. Pak. J. Bot., 45(5): 1749 – 1754.
17. I. Hameed, Asad Ullah, W. Murad and S. Khan. 2014. Podophyllum hexandrum Royle. Scholarly Journal of Agricultural Science 4(6): 331-338.
18. I. Hameed and F. Hussain. 2015. Proximate and elemental analysis of some selected medicinal plants of Family Solanaceae. Pak. J. Pharma. Sci., 28(4): 31-43.
19. Rehman Ullah, M. Ibrar, I. Hameed and F. Hussain. 2016. Pharmacognostic and pharmacological evaluation of Ruellia tuberose L. Pak. J. Pharma. Sci., 29(6): 2099 - 2102.
20. G. Dastagir, K. Khan and I. Hameed 2018. Pharmacognostic study of Heterophragma adenophyllum Seem ex Bth. and Hk. Leaf. Journal of International Research in Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 12(4): 131 – 138.
21. M. Li, I. Hameed, D. Cao, D. He, Q-F Wang and P-F. Yang. 2018. Physiological and proteomic analyses reveal key proteins affecting petiole rigidity in sacred lotus. Plant Cell and Environment, In review
22. M. Shah, I. Hameed and Farrukh Hussain. 2018. Proximate composition of forage plants of Chakesar Valley, District Shangla, Pakistan
23. I. Hameed, F. Hussain, H. Ali and S. Jan. 2018. Antibacterial, antifungal and insecticidal activities of some medicinal plants of Family Solanaceae. Pak. J. Bot., In review
24. I. Hameed, Khushnood ur Rehman and Z. Huma. 2018. Pharmacognostic and biological activities of Taraxicum officinale L. Pak. J. Bot., In review
25. I. Hameed, Khushnood ur Rehman and Z. Huma. 2018. Zingiber officinale Roscoe A review. Pak. J. Bot., In review.,
Media talks and interviews
Cases & Teaching materials
Systematic Botany 1st semester (M. Sc)
P. Pandey. 2014. A Textbook of Botany. Vol 1 and 2. S. Chand and Company. Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 110-055.
P. Sharma. 2009. Plant Taxonomy. 2nd ed. Tata McGraw- Hill Education. Pvt Ltd. New Delhi, 110-008.
V. S. S. Sambamurty. 2010. Taxonomy of Angiosperms. I. K. International Pvt Ltd.
N. Naik. 1984. Taxonomy of Angiosperms. Tata McGraw- Hill Education. Pvt Ltd. New Delhi, 110-008.
Biochemistry II 3rd semester (M. Sc)
S. Verma and V. K. Agarwal. 2015. Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Evolution and Ecology. S. Chand and Company. Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 110-055.
L. Jain, S. Jain and N. Jain. 2015. Fundamental of Biochemistry. S. Chand and Company. Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 110-055.
M. Bhatt. 2011. Enzymology and Enzyme Technology. S. Chand and Company. Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 110-055.
S. Verma and V. K. Agarwal. 2014. Genetics. 9th ed. S. Chand and Company. Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 110-055.